What if instead of looking at the areas you wanted to change, or the lines you wanted to erase, you looked at yourself with compassion?
How To Create a Spa-like Sanctuary At Home
When we create our own sanctuary, a place that feels good, we instantly experience a flood of positive emotions. We can all agree that the spa-like feeling of coziness, ease, and serenity evoke a sense of calm and luxury. But, with a little bit of creativity, our very own homes are capable of being transformed into a spa-like environment as well. And YOU are deserving of this special treatment!
As always, when creating your place of self-care, listen to your intuition and do what feels good for YOU. Perhaps you already have some rituals in place and just need motivation to devote to them, or maybe you’re unsure as to how to get started, or need more innovative ideas. Whatever the case, we’ve got you covered!
First things first, clear your space.
Purification of our space has an effect on the purification of our mind.
Make your bed, fold the blanket, put things away in their proper place, all of these little things help create your space expansive and inviting. To take it a step further, use essential oils to wipe down surfaces so that your favorite scent finds its way throughout your space.
Then, add something special.
Once you have a cleared space to work with, add things into your surroundings that make you feel calm and nurtured.
Perhaps you pick up fresh flowers for yourself, or add a green plant or scented candle to your space. Lighting candles is a very common and easy tip to create a positive ambiance and the living energy and air purification from house plants is very therapeutic. If you are a fan of aromatherapy diffusers, you can use this instead of or in addition to candles.
Lavender: The scent of lavender is the most common scent used in aromatherapy, and personally my favorite. It’s believed to promote wellness and relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety.
Get in the habit of using ambient music for your self care practices. You won’t walk into a spa without soft music that instantly invites a sense of ease. You can create a soothing instrumental playlist yourself or find an existing one for your home spa.
Once you have the esthetics down, work on the details.
One of our top luxury home spa tips is adding fluffy towels to your self care treatment. Bonus points if you place your towels in the dyer for a few minutes and awaken your senses by both warmth and fluff! How’s that for pampering?!
When visiting luxurious spas, they satisfy all five senses.
Don’t forget to tend to your taste buds with invigorating herbal teas, or if you want to detoxify, you can drink hot water as part of your spa treatment. You can cut up fresh cucumbers, lemons or ginger to add into your water glass for a more nourishing approach, both visually and internally.
When it comes to creating your at home spa, the potential is limitless.
For body treatments, adding bath salts or rose petals to your bath, for example, gives you an added taste of little luxury you can create for yourself now.
All of these practices will definitely create your home spa into a lovely experience, but more than that, they create an association in your mind, telling you that it’s time to slow down, relax, enjoy and most importantly, do things for yourself out of LOVE.
At Home Luxury For Your Face, Mind, and Body - How to get started
With just a few easy steps you can create a steam facial for yourself in your own home spa! Steam facials will open your pores and get your skin prepped for the next steps in your treatment, while relaxing your entire body and filling your cells with life-giving oxygen.
What you’ll need:
- A large bowl
- Hot water
- A large bath towel
- Optional: essential oils
- Add 3 to 5 drops of your preferred essential oils to a large bowl.
- Add in hot or nearly boiling water.
- Place a large bath towel over your head and bring your face over the bowl so that the steam feels comfortable, but not too hot.
- Ensure the towel covers your face and bowl so that the steam stays inside and opens your pores.
- Breathe slowly and deeply. You can do this for up to 30 minutes, listening to your body and skin as your guide.
Microneedling is a procedure that uses small needles to prick the skin. The purpose of this procedure is to generate new collagen and tissue reducing scars, wrinkles, fine lines and promoting firmer and youthful looking skin.
Because the Derma Roller repairs and renews your skin cells, it also allows your skin care products to penetrate more deeply into your skin.
The best part is, you can achieve this spa treatment from your own home! This tool will soon become your favorite go-to for all your home facials! It’s a must for anyone wanting a true spa experience.
Gone are the days that you can only get high end skin treatments, such as Ozone Facials, at the Spa. Oxygen Facials can in fact be done right at the comfort of your own home and in the beautiful home spa you created for yourself.
Oxygen is one of the most sought after ingredients in skin care products and procedures, and for good reason! Oxygen has proven benefits for both the skin and body. When it comes to skin care and facials, oxygen can:
- Replenish the levels of oxygen in your skin
- Smooth out wrinkles
- Restore a youthful glow to your face
- Reduce acne scars
- Lighten sun spots and sun damage
- Accelerate your skin’s healing process
- Protect your skin from damaging UVA rays
- Trigger elastin and collagen formation
Oxygen stimulates the body's natural healing function and with Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers increasingly being used for various conditions, there is no doubt that a Ozone Boost does wonders for our skin as well.
We made sure to add Oxygen Plasma to our product line to make Oxygen Facials accessible from your Home Spa. This little luxury will give you and your skin the love you deserve!
For a well rounded treatment, finish your Spa Experience with a homemade body cream!
This homemade cream is amazingly simple, yet effective and natural. It works great on your body, hands and even on your face.
Beeswax allows your skin to breathe freely and it is soothing to irritated skin. When you first use this cream, it can be a little bit sticky but eventually, your skin becomes so smooth and soft!
Simple Recipe for an Amazing Beeswax Cream
- ½ cup Beeswax – There is white and yellow beeswax. The white beeswax is filtered or bleached and I prefer the yellow one since it is minimally processed and also has sweet, mild honey aroma.
- 1 cup natural oil – I love using grape-seed oil, sweet almond oil, and jojoba oil since they are not only low in comedogenic but also easily absorbed into the skin.
- 1/3 cup distilled water
- 60 to 120 drops of your favorite essential aroma oils, depending on the oil and also your preference. You do not need to use essential oil if you want to make a subtle honey aroma cream.
How to make your homemade body cream:
- Melt the beeswax using the double boiling technique (smaller pan with beeswax and oils inside of a larger pan with water).
- Once the beeswax has completely melted, remove and add distilled water.
- Keep stirring until you get a creamy consistency.
- You can leave the cream just like this or add essential oils of your preference.
- Let the mixture cool before sorting into a closed container and completing your spa experience, at home!
Pamper Yourself for Less!
A spa-worthy experience is definitely achievable at home and will provide those little luxuries we can all use a little more of this holiday season.
The beauty of creating your at home spa is that these ingredients and tools will last you many treatments that you can do at your own time and pace. You can also vary your experiences by choosing different scents, different herbal infusions or adding different oils to your steam facials or body creams. In just a few steps you become your own skin care (and self-care!) guru.
Hi thankyou for your home spa message it made me feel good just reading it .I’ve always liked the idea of doing my own home spa but I wasn’t sure what I needed .so now I will have a go .thankyou .