Ready to empower your Skin Care Routine with homemade remedies you can create yourself?
At-home solutions are quick, effective, and crafted with ingredients you probably already have in your home or can easily obtain. Having the basic understanding of what ingredients are good for what, and how you can combine and blend them is also a handy tip for when you want to give your skin an extra treat or to switch up the routine a little.
An added benefit of Do It Yourself remedies is that you can choose to blend ingredients and aromas that suit you and your unique needs. And we’re about to show you how!
Do It Yourself Lip Balm
This is one of our favorite products to make ourselves! Why? The nature of lip balm is that it’s really close to your mouth and it’s inevitable that you’ll end up swallowing some of your lip balms, making natural ingredients essential. When making your own lip balm you can choose fresh, natural, organic ingredients that you’ll never question the shelf life of.
Ingredients for Fumiko’s All-Natural Lip Balm:
- Jojoba oil (1 tsp)
- Avocado oil (1 tsp)
- Coconut oil (1 tsp)
- Beeswax (1 tsp)
- Use a beaker or measuring cup (making it easier to pour later)
- Add all the ingredients together in the heat resistant container.
Adding more oil will make it softer & adding more beeswax will make it harder so the ratio can also depend on your preference.
- Double boil the ingredients — meaning add your heat-safe container inside of a pot of water.
- Stir the ingredients until the water boils and the ingredients melt into liquid.
- Pour the contents into containers of choice.
- Let cool.
Pssst: This balm can also be used as an under-eye cream!
Do It Yourself Body Cream
We love to get pampered and if you found your way here, we know you do too! The truth is, pampering is an opportunity for self-care, time for yourself, and an invitation to connect to your body, and your face. Even the process of creating a body cream itself is creative, nurturing, and relaxing.
What you’ll need for Fumiko’s famous Body Cream:
- Beeswax (5tbsp)
- Jojoba oil or almond oil (1 cup)
- Evening Primrose oil (1 caplet)
- Lavender Essential Oil or vanilla extract (few drops)
- Heat-resistant glass or metal container
- Measuring spoons
- Small saucepan
- Place oil, beeswax in the heat-resistant glass container.
- Fill the saucepan with water and place the glass/metal container in the saucepan, turn the heat and then do a double boil technique to warm.
- Stir often until the beeswax melts completely. (5-6 minutes)
- Then turn off the heat and add Vitamin E oil, and EO of your choice or vanilla extract.
- Mix well until there is even consistency.
At-Home Spa Treatment
Once in a while, it’s nice to go all out and pamper yourself and your face with a facial! And the good news is, you can have a spa experience from the comfort of your own home! This is a great practice to do when your skin needs a pick-me-up or a little extra attention.
What You’ll need:
- Boiling water
- Optional lavender essential oil or your favorite aroma
- Bath towel
Step One: Open up pores
- Pour hot water into a bowl
- Add a few drops of essential oil
- Place a towel over your head and start to steam over the bowl
Step Two: Hold your head over the steam for up to 30 minutes.
- If your water starts to get cold, you can add hot water mid-treatment
Step Three: Clean your pores
- Rinse your face with clean water
- Follow up with the 100 Times Face Splash
- Finish the treatment with ice cold water for 10-20 splashes. Follow the same 100 Times Face Splash Method mentioned above.
This is a great practice whenever you can commit to it, and if you commit to it weekly will result in an extremely glowing complexion.
As you can see at home remedies leave space for exploration of different ingredients and combinations to suit your needs. With these Face Yogi favorite recipes, you can opt in to choose fresh, natural, and organic ingredients that you trust and feel comfortable with putting on your lips, face, and body.
Want a shortcut? We’ve created done-for-you high quality Products using our favorite all-natural ingredients.